After Hours Clinic
Monday To Friday: 6pm-9pm* all patients welcome
Saturdays: No after hours service yet
Sunday: Coming soon
We aim to extend our opening hours
*Weeknights we will close at 8pm if no patients, Sundays we will close at 12noon if no patients.
We are excited to be able to offer this valuable service to the local community. This is a service we can offer to all locals, not just those registered at our practice.
Please ensure you bring your Medicare card and any concession card you may have to each appointment.
AFTER HOURS CLINIC SCHEDULE OF FEES
(6pm-9pm Monday to Friday)
|Consultation Type||Brief (less than 5 minutes)||Standard (15 minutes)|
|Doctor’s Fee (what you pay)||$51 priv
|Medicare Pays (what you get back)||$17.75||$38.75|
|Patient Pays||$34.25 priv
|Discounted Fees for Holders of a Current Pension or Concession Card||Minimum out of pocket $24.25
Maximum out of pocket $40*
*Treatment room use or appointments over 15 minutes may attract a higher fee, maximum out of pocket will be $100 (private) and $55 (concession).
In order to offer this service, we are strictly unable to bulk bill.
Telephone bookings taken from 4:30pm (for 6-7pm).
Walk-ins taken from 7pm
Wait times will vary. Please call ahead for a rough estimate of your wait time.
Until our co-located pharmacy matches our opening hours later in 2021 we will have on site supply of commonly prescribed medications so you do not have to travel outside of Sorell.
If you have infective symptoms the doctor may wish to consult with you via the telephone initially. Please park in our front carpark if advised that you will initially be assessed via telehealth.
- First in, first seen. Unless a very unwell patient presents requiring urgent attention
- Our after hours clinic is not intended as an extension of our usual practice. If you wish to discuss a non urgent, ongoing issue you may be asked to come back and see your regular doctor.
- There will be a $50 fee for non attendance to a booked appointment
- Complex presentations requiring more than 15 minutes to be seen may be advised to see their usual GP for ongoing management
- You will be notified of the approximate wait time by the receptionist on arrival. Please call ahead if you wish to know a rough wait time estimate
- We will remain open every night until at least 8pm. If there are no patients to be seen then, we will switch the phones over and close the clinic. If you intend to arrive after 8pm it is recommended to call ahead.
- Our doctors will not prescribe medications with addictive potential (S4 and S8 medications).
after hours appointment booking - taken from 5:30pm